Monday, July 19, 2010

Better Than a Spit Shine


It's ironic that I'm posting cleaning tips today because I really need to be doing actual cleaning and not posting about cleaning.

My son's 5th birthday is on Friday and today kicks off "Birthday Week."

We have the "friends" party on Tuesday.  There's the actual day of birth celebration on Friday.  We'll cap off this year's festivities with the family shindig on Saturday.

I have birthday envy.  Mine is December 21st.  For those of you thinking it would be fun to have your birthday 4 days before Christmas...it's not.  

So I live vicariously through him and now I need to clean for all of our incoming guests.

But, the Swiffer Wet Jet can wait.  Because today I will share with you a cleaning tip that will have your desks sparkling and your students giddy with excitement.

Shaving Cream!

It cleans better than any cleaning product I've tried.

I personally would not spend my time smooshing it around on dirty desks, but little people LOVE to do that.  I'm a big fan of child labor.

Squirt some onto the surface of the desk or table and encourage them to practice their handwriting, spelling words or math facts.  Be creative.  If they swoosh it around enough it disappears.  Then you just spritz the desk with a bit of water and wipe it clean.

Things will shine.

As in: wear your sunglasses indoors, sparkly clean.

I would try to find an unscented variety.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend.  We're getting pretty waterlogged around here from all the pool hours we've been logging.

2 comments:

Raye said...

My husband's birthday is Friday too...and The Youngest's birthday is December 20 ;)

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog today and have to let you know just how well this works... I teach in a preschool 3-5 year olds.... Shaving cream is the best for getting marker...glue... anything off tables.

We use it at least every other week as a sensory activity just to do a deep cleaning on the tables.

To be honest the cheaper the shaving cream the better it works.