Thursday, May 13, 2010

Do Lions Live in the Jungle?

So I missed my Whatever Wednesday post, so I'm going to double up today.

While I love to shower you with my tales of wisdom (doesn't that sound nicer than "bombard you with my anal retentive obsession with organization?"), today I come to you with a question.

It's pressing.

Do lions live in the jungle.

Wait.

Don't answer until you really think about it.

And Google is cheating.

I'll tell you my thoughts and tomorrow I will tell you why I want to know.

My automatic answer would be no.  They live in a habit that consists of semi-arid plants and savannah grasslands. 

So why are they called, "The King of the Jungle?"  And furthermore, why is it well known that, "in the jungle, the mighty jungle the lion sleeps tonight?"

As you all join me in a chorus of, "A weemy wet, a weemy wet, a weemy wet" please share your thoughts.  Do lions live in the jungle?

2 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

Ok, I can't believe I actually sat here and read back through every single one of your archives! Sheesh! I need a life! ;-)

I love the pictures of your beautiful family! And, I want to thank you for giving me a feeling of validation. There were several ideas I saw that I've been using for years. Aren't teachers just the smartest people on the planet!?

I'm adding you to my bloglist right now!

Clix said...

Because "jungle" scans better than "savannah" or "African prairie" and "lion" scans better than "jaguar"?

and interestingly enough, my verification text is 'salion' ;)