Saturday, July 4, 2009

World's Colliding

Happy 4th of July!!!

It is very important to note the date.  We've been out of school for less than two weeks (both of which were cold and rainy).  It feels like summer is just kicking off!  I made a quick trip to Target this morning to pick up a birthday present.  As I entered the door, my eyes tried to focus on what was at the end of the VERY long row leading to the back of the store.

Could it be?

Was I seeing things?

Nope.

Sure enough the school supplies were out in full force.  They surrounded a sad-looking pile of clearanced patio furniture like they were planned for their attack.  They were.  They are closing in.

Admittedly, the 'back to school sales' (especially Staples .01 cent sale) is my idea of a good time, but please retail: At least let us have the 4th of July before you start discounting the bug spray and replacing it with colored pencils and 3 ring binders.

No comments: