Thursday, January 27, 2011

Target Stampede

Seriously folks. Get in your car and go. Now! I have found me a Target Dollar Spot Treasure and you need them too.

Behold:

They are clipboards.
Cheaply-made, cardboard clipboards.

I almost passed them up because unlike Timex which "takes a licking and keeps on ticking," there was no way that these puppies would stand even a day of abuse by the third grade crowd.

But, the funky patterns and cool colors which totally match my new...um, make that work in progress...classroom decor, had me at Hello and I just couldn't stop myself from tossing three of them into my big red cart.

I took them out of their bag the next morning (along with the matching file folders that also hopped into my cart because I died just a little when I saw them) and there was a chorus of ooohs and ahhhs in the classroom. I love my class for many-a-reason, but the fact that they appreciate a colorful office supply as much as I do gets them bonus points.

That's when I had my light bulb moment.

They are thin and lightweight and come with a retractable little metal hook with a hole in it.

You can pushpin it into the wall or you could hot glue it to a bulletin board.

And then just lift the metal clip and attach papers underneath. So here's what I'm thinking...

I will stalk every Target in the area and acquire an entire class set of these bad boys. I will then mount them onto a bulletin board, put a friend's name next to each one and easily display their work by slipping it under the clip. It will be a thing of beauty.

Too bad we're snowed in again or I would be at Target right now. Actually that's a lie. If we weren't snowed in I would be at school right now. But, alas I am home today and as of today's snow day I will also be in school on June 27th. Summer officially starts on June 21st. Color me bitter.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Wooo hooo! Target... here I come!

Michele said...

Oh my gosh, what an awesome idea!! I'm totally going Target stalking this weekend!!

ChiTown Girl said...

I also made a Target run this week, and as always, found a million things in the dollar bins that I just HAD to have for school!!! This week, I found little metal buckets, decorated with all kinds of different things (some were Valentine-themed, some had stripes, stars, polka dots, hand-prints, oh so cute!) that I picked up to hold crayons. I also picked up some wire-mesh baskets to use for books. I REALLY need to stay out of Target!!

Rachel Moss said...

Thank you for posting this! I only have one bulletin board in my classroom (which is used for calendar), so the "in the wall with a thumbtack solution to display student work" will be great for me. My facilities manager will love me forever for not putting 1,000 staples in the wall!