Friday, March 19, 2010

It's Report Card Day


Better known as "Get the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks out of Dodge Day."  I swear some parents rip open the manilla envelope with one hand while dialing the school number into their cell phones with the other from the comfort of the driver's seat in the car dismissal line.

Report cards traditionally go home on a Friday afternoon.

Without coincidence, our contracts state that we can leave at dismissal on Friday afternoons.

It is with stealth like moves that teachers must commando crawl on their bellies down the corridor (all while dragging their ridiculously oversized bag of teacher-weekend-homework behind them), shimmy past the front office and roll three times to get to their cars unscathed.

Actually, I anticipate that my families will be delighted with their little cherubs this trimester. We've worked hard.  The kiddos have made huge academic gains and their report cards reflect it.  My comments are complimentary and worthy of calling the grandparents in Florida to read them to.  

Still.

I'll be in my car by 2:31 p.m.

They are forecasting a 70 degree, sunny day.  After a l-o-n-g workweek and an even l-o-n-g-e-r winter in the northeast you can bet I'll be starting the weekend as early as possible!

Happy Weekend




No comments: